Carpets are the best choice one can have to cover their floors. But with carpets comes the tough job of keeping them clean and free from nasty stains. Especially, when you have kids around keeping carpets clean is a task impossible. The children usually throw stuff unaware about the absolute mess that they create. The stains of chocolate, cold drink, junkies, or ketchup mayonnaise often hampering the beauty of the carpet.
How to clean a carpet?
It is one of the common questions circulating in the minds of every individual having a carpeted floor. Though the amalgam of the stains seems to have a strong relationship with the carpet. You can remove them by some simple methods and techniques. There are many well-experimented methods used to clean your carpet. So if you have an interest in knowing some hacks read this article out for your help.
Methods to clean a carpet
There are many tricks or hacks to give your carpet the fresh look as it was earlier. Depending on what is available in your house you can go for that method. Within a span of 5 – 15 minutes you have done with tackling the mess that seemed to be a permanent partner of your room look.
You can remove as either a wholesome processor divided into repeated procedures. The two basic hacks for removal of stains are
The name explains the function or the method that you have to use. Yes, you are right you have to freeze out the stains before the harsh treatment.
Following is the material needed to clean your carpet well by applying the freezing method.
- Ice cubes
- Plastic bag
- Dull knife or spoon
The step by step procedure to use this method is as
- Take out ice cubes from the cube plate.
- The Place handful of ice cream in a shopping or plastic bag
- Rub the ice cube bag over the stain
- After a few minutes, throw the old ice cube and place a new one in them.
- Don’t let it saturate.
- Continue rubbing until the stain solidifies
- Soon the stain start solidifying, struck the stain hardly with a dull knife
- The stain will remove from carpet.
- Keep removing until the solid is hard
2. Drying Method
This method is also known as the reciprocal of the freezing method. In the freezing method we; with freezing the stain on the carpet, we heat the stained part until it softens down and diminishes.
For the drying method, we should go with the following parts
- Hair dryer
- A Piece of cloth/ washing bag
The procedure in the case of heating is as follows.
- · Idealize the position from where the carpet is to clean.
- · Blow hairdryer in the gum until it softens
- · Avoid heating the carpet fibers or else it will burn.
- · Once soften, removes the gun from scrapping it out from carpet fibers
- · Wear gloves or wrap gloves to avoid any injury or excessive heat release.
- · Keep pricking out until the whole diminished.
The stain as a wholesome part may get removed by the above methods. But some of the residues or chunks may leave behind that is not easy to remove by those methods. These chunks actually get attached to the individual fibers of the carpet. How to get completely rid of these residues? The below method answer the question well
1. Residual attack
Attacking on the residues can be done by using different attackers. With similar procedure but a variety of attackers, you can have a wide range and ease of cleaning. To tackle residues one must follow this method with the above anyone has chosen a method to remove the large gum.
Following is the material to remove residues from your carpet fibers.
It can be any of the following
- Peanut butter
- Oil soaps such as eucalyptus oil
- Muscle pain relievers such as Dencorub or BenGay
The method is to use once you have done by removing the larger stain part from your carpet. Since this is only for the fibers it gets tough to apply this method to the large stain part as well. The steps involved in removing or dissolving residues include
- Remove the larger part of the stain by freezing or drying method
- Once done, apply the attackers on the carpet fibers with intact stain residues
- The attackers function as a lubricant and moisture the stain
- With the help of fingertips or soft cloth blot or pull the stain residues.
- Keep doing until all the residues diminish.
- Once removed, the second important part is the cleaning of that stained part.
- Mix water and soap or water with liquid dishwasher to form a solution
- Dip the cloth in it and blot the area which before had residues.
- Rinse the area with water by blotting with a soft cloth.
- Once rinsed, press a fresh cloth on the washed area to absorb the largest water.
- Allow the area under consideration to dry.
2. Vinegar method
Vinegar is one of the commons and the easiest hack in our daily life issues. It tackles all spots and messes well. The steps to use vinegar as an attacker to clean carpet is like other’s work but it is the basic and most reliable method thus is still used with 100% trust.
Following are the necessary agents for vinegar cleaning
- White distilled vinegar
- Clean cloths
- Fan box
- Sodium borate
After cleaning the carpet; large stain part go for this method
- If during stain removal some stain get stiffed to the carpet fibers rinse the carpet with water
- sprinkle sodium borate on it
- and cover the carpet for 1 hour until the stain disappears and sodium borate get deep down into the carpet
- Depending on the size of the carpet take the concentration of vinegar and mix with water. For example
- ¼ teaspoon of vinegar into 4 cups of water for delicate carpets
- cup of vinegar into 1 cup of water for synthetic carpets
- cup of distilled vinegar into the cup of water for natural fiber rugs
- Dip water cloth in the vinegar solution
- Dab the cloth on the stain residues in carpet fiber
- Do not rub on the carpet with vinegar solution cloth
- Leave the area for 15-20 minutes for saturation
- Once done, rinse area by blotting with clean water and cloth.
- Leave for 1 hour until the residue stain disappears.
- If carpet takes longer time use fan box as wet carpet for long times can cause disease such as mildew
These are some of the basic household hacks everyone can use when getting in trouble with stains. One can go for the simple yet costly techniques such as
- Removing the patch and placing a new patch of carpet in its place or
- Using the artificial market available stain removers.
- Last but not the least the grease removing carpet technique is famous to tackle the mess.
Final Conclusion for Best Way to Clean Carpet
So gone are the days when you need to worry about sticking of the stains or any other issue with you and costly bought carpet. With simple hacks and tricks that you can perform in the home, life has become quite easy yet wonderful for us. With a total investment of hardly 15 minutes, you can solve the mysteries and can relax for 15 month or days. Use each of the following technique and do let us know your opinion.